6.19.2010

Just in Case You Ever Wonder (Max Lucado)


A mom and dad tell their daughter how much she means to them, and how wonderful they think she is. They tell her why she is special, that God looked and looked for just the right family before sending her to them, and that they will always be there for her. It is one of the best books a parent can read to his or her children!

My favorite page, which echoes everything I want my own children to treasure about themselves:
"The same hands that made the stars made you.
The same hands that made the canyons made you.
The same hands that made the trees and the moon and the sun made you.
That's why you are so special. God made you."

(sniff sniff)
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that he wrote children's books. This is probably common knowledge to most but I was clueless. Until now. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has a few others, too, that are awesome. One is If Only I Had a Green Nose and there is this puppet who wants to be just like everyone else, but he eventually comes to understand that his maker designed him to be the way he is for a reason. I'll try to read those to Sass and blog them, too.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your piece.